Monday, June 1, 2015

Late Winter-Themed Post

I had meant to post this back in March but never got around to it.  Better late then never, right?  This project was inspired by a book called Heart of a Snowman.  I could only find a used copy of it on Amazon but it still arrived in great shape.  The story is a little strange, even for me, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.  I liked the Point of View in the illustrations.  We worked on recreating that same POV (looking up at the snowman from below), as well as cropping to make our snowman look bigger and shading the spheres of the snowman to make him look round.  These were drawn with pencil and then painted with tempera cakes.  Sorry I don't have any individual shots!  I only got one class group shot as they were drying.  Since we used 18 x 24 paper they wouldn't fit on my drying racks and had to live on the floor overnight!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment