Monday, November 12, 2012

Signage


I am currently working off a cart in one building but am still in a classroom in the other school.  Due to this the signs I make for myself can be posted on a bulletin board, or stuck to the side of my art cart with magnets. 

Since our curriculum is based around the Elements of Art I made these up a while ago:

This is where they were last year when I had a room.



All my signs are laminated for longevity.  Although, they are starting to show their age.  I would love to remake them, but to save budget money the town took away our color printers.  Everything routes through to the copiers now.  All black and white - no more color!










If your system is anything like mine, you have the dreaded Essential Questions.   Our district requires that every single lesson have the Essential Questions posted.  Not so much for ourselves or the kids, but so visiting administrators can know at a glance what we're working on.  Our art department wrote universal ones that tied back to the elements.  We've since had to update those yet again but I thought I would post what we originally came up with.








What types of signs are you required to have in your classroom?  Is there anything curriculum linked you must have on display?

2 comments:

  1. Pssst. If you need some color copies of anything. Let me know. I'll hook you up! We have nice heavy photo stock type paper to print it on too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely let you know when these signs finally implode on themselves! Thanks so much for offering!

      Delete