Monday, May 11, 2015

Rainbow Order Penguins

Penguins!  The winter staple in art making!  The book that I chose to go along with this project came from a recommendation from Patty, over at Deep Space Sparkle

"Penguin" by Polly Dunbar was simply adorable.  My students loved it, and so did my classroom teachers.  Several borrowed my copy and did a writing lesson to go along with their students' artwork.  

For my part, we drew the penguins using basic shapes with oil crayons and then used tempera cakes to review our rainbow order and created the striped background behind our penguins.  


I use Prang Tempera Cakes.  I love them and their vivid color.  However, the trays break easily so I moved all my temperas into these plastic containers with lids.  MUCH less mess!









No comments:

Post a Comment