Thursday, December 11, 2014

One Point Perspective Barnyards

This was a project I originally saw on Pinterest but I've seen it used on several different sites, so I'm honestly not sure where it originally came from.  If anyone does know where it originated leave a comment so I can give credit where credit is due.  

This was a third grade project.  The basic premise is to introduce one point perspective as a means of creating depth in a landscape.  In this case, we created farm fields and a barnyard in the distance.  We drew it first with pencil, outlined with skinny markers creating abstract textures by using a variety of lines, and then shaded with the crayons to match the markers (green marker = green crayon).  The kids loved this project and so did their teachers.  As soon as I sent these home with the kids they got confiscated and hung up on the classroom bulletin boards!

I was still on the cart at the beginning of the year so these were created in their classrooms.  Sorry for the blurriness of some of the photos.  They were taken on the fly with my iPhone as I walked around the classroom.




































No comments:

Post a Comment