Monday, November 17, 2014

One Point Perspective Scarecrows

           Another space lesson for third grade (these were actually done last year and I totally spaced on posting them).  I saw the lesson on Pinterest first, but when I tried to trace it back to its original post I could no longer find the source.  I do wish people would go to the source and pin from there rather just pinning from other pins!  If you know where it came from let me know.
        
            We used one point perspective to create the pumpkin field, adding large pumpkins in the foreground, medium ones in the middle ground and small ones in the background to enhance the illusion of depth.  These pictures also feature a large scarecrow in the foreground as the focal point and a tiny barn or farm house in the distance.

We drew in pencil first, outlined in permanent marker (I've switched from Sharpie to Bics - much less smell), and used watercolor to paint our images.  

Some examples in various stages of creation.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment