Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kandinsky Circles

I've seen this particular project in a lot of places, which makes me think it must have originally come from School Arts or Arts and Activities.  If anyone knows it's true origin let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Kandinsky is a required artist in my district for Kindergarten, but I use him again in first grade and once more in second grade.  However, this post will focus only on the first grade project.

We do look at "The Goldfish" which is the kindergarten print of Kandinsky's used in our district just to jog their memories.  Once we have recognition I move on and show them his work featuring the color study of circles.


We have a talk about the warm and cool colors, and also one about pattern.  I let the children decide what type of pattern to make whether it be one of all cool colors, one of all warm colors or one where the warm and cool make the pattern together but the emphasis is on pattern. :)

Here are some of the Kandinsky Circles we painted:



















No comments:

Post a Comment