Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kinder Line Experts

I first found this project here at: Fine Lines  A great blog with great ideas.  

I did modify it since I did this with kindergarten on the cart on one building and in a classroom in the other.  This would be the middle of a unit on line and the first time I used tempera paint - or any paint for that matter with my kinders.  

My classes are forty minutes long so I broke this up into two sessions.  

Session one largely consisted of introducing procedure.  This is how you set up your spots, this is how we write our names on the back so we don't paint over them, this is how we share paint, this how you paint lines in black paint, this is how you wait in line to wash your brush without painting yourself or others, this is how we put our pictures to dry and put our place mats back.  

Session two was a review of session one minus the black paint and introducing the primary colors as a color family.  I did not show them that Primary colors mix to make other colors.  I let them find that out for themselves.  It was so funny so see their faces when they mixed accidentally!  Some of course, went all out once they discovered the mixing and their pictures wound up not really looking like anything. C'est la vie!

 These are all 12 x 12 tempera on white drawing paper.  

That's my teacher example in the bottom right corner.





Another teacher example in the bottom right corner.










 

1 comment: